2021 was a year of great losses and great gains. We've had a number of deaths in our community but my greatest loss last year was the passing of my bestpup Tidus. Anyone who knows me or speaks to me on socials know Tidus was the king of our household. He was my IG book model and lone audience of my singing serenades. He had a huge and calming presence in our home. It's been a hard year adjusting to his absence but I'm fortunate to have so many memories, photos and videos of him to reminisce over. You are forever in our hearts, Tidus!
The rest of the year flew by after that. My days consisted of working, reading, eating and sleeping. You know... the basics. When I mentioned great gains, I meant that I gained a boatload of work experience and confidence in my nursing capabilities. Many of my seniors have commented that they've noticed how I've grown professionally. I take the praise with such gratitude for my team's guidance and support in my first year working as an RN. Shout-out to the ACE Team woo~ Honestly, to every single person just trying to get through to the next day during this pandemic... I applaud you and am cheering for you. May 2022 be a better and healthier year for us all.
On a bookish note, 2021 was a great reading year for me. I read a total of 41 books which was similar to my 2020 total. Did anyone else find the pandemic did wonders for their GR reading goals? Sad, but true. I started an etsy shop mid-2019 and since then have gotten a total of 60 sales. I'm still in disbelief! Thank you to everyone who liked my booksleeve photos, or popped by the shop, or made an order! Sewing was a new hobby for me so I had a lot of fun sharing that with others. I'm currently taking a break from the shop to settle into the new year, but please do look forward to new shop-related goods in the future.Here are my top 15 books of 2021:
- Rachel, Out of Office by Christina Hovland
- The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
- A Phở Love Story by Loan Le
- The Mountains Sing by Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai
- Luck of the Draw by Kate Clayborn
- Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- Neon Gods by Katee Robert
- Apprentice in Death by J.D. Robb
- Take Me Higher by Pamela Clare
- The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup
- Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade
- If We Leap by Nina Lane
- Dark in Death by J.D. Robb
- In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
- Sweethand by N.G. Peltier
- Anime: Fruits Basket: The Final (Honorable Mention: Horimiya)
- Manga: Kono Oto Tomare! (Honorable Mentions: Spy x Family, A Sign of Affection)
- Webtoon*: Positively Yours (Honorable Mentions: I'll Be the Matriarch in This Life, Who Made Me a Princess, A Villain is a Good Match for a Tyrant, The Villainess is a Marionette)
- TV Show**: The Great Canadian Baking Show (Honorable Mention: Bridgerton)
- English Song: Butter by BTS (Honorable Mention: Easy on Me by Adele)
- English Music Album: Red (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift (Honorable Mention: An Evening with Silk Sonic)
- Korean Song: Stove by LUCY (Honorable Mention: When the Rain Stops by WENDY)
- Korean Music Album: End Theory by YOUNHA (Honorable Mention: Formula of Love: O+T=<3 by TWICE)
- Live-Action Movie: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Animated Film: Encanto (Honorable Mention: Over the Moon)
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about the pup. They really are in our lives for too short of a time. :(ReplyDelete
I'm so proud of your work and how much you've grown professionally. To have others notice it must be such an exciting feeling.
And you read amazing books! Especially happy to see Sweethand, Spoiler Alert and Luck of the Draw!
I hope you have a great year, Jae.
Thank you, Nick! <333333 Yess I had a great reading year with lots of great romances :'). You've added many to my tbr as well which I can't wait to dive into! Wishing you a great 2022 too xDelete