2015 has been an amazing year in books and blogging! Thanks to the constant book pushing of the Fizzle Reads girls, I've wholeheartedly embraced the YA genre this year. I didn't expect the 100+ new books I'd add to my tbr in the process though (not including my regular dose of NA/A) lol.
It was back in Janurary that I decided I'd be more organized with the blog and eventually made an blogging calendar to help with planning. Looking back now, I DID GOOD, if I do say so myself *pats self on the back*. I wasn't always consistent with my posts and often times I didn't go by the calendar [hahaha], but I have a visual that I stuck with it throughout the year.
Big BIG THANK YOU to all the bloggers and booklovers I've befriended this year, be it through my blog, your blog, goodreads, twitter or instagram. I've loved reading your comments, hearing from you and all your book recommendations! Everyone in the blogosphere is so supportive and loving. I may disappear now and then but you're stuck with me for a long while, you guys ;)
Here are my top 15 favorites in books:
- Fuel the Fire and Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie
- Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne
- Seduction Game by Pamela Clare
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
- Cinder, Scarlet and Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras
- Back to You by Priscilla Glenn
- Every Breath by Ellie Marney
- To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Butterfly Dreams by A. Meredith Walters
And my top favorite read/watched/listened in 2015 for some other categories:
- Anime: Kuroko no Basket (Honorable Mention: Haikyuu!!)
- Manga: Akatsuki no Yona (Honorable Mention: Horimiya, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
- TV Show: Bones (Thank you Netflix for allowing me to binge watch 9 seasons in a few months haha)
- 2015 Music Album: Handwritten by Shawn Mendes
- Kpop song: Baby Don't Cry by EXO (Honorable Mentions: BTS' Run and Butterfly, GOT7's If You Do, EXO's Love Me Right)
- Movie: Inside Out (PIXAR, MY QUEEN)
2015 consisted of 54 blogs posts here at Bookish Bluebird! *fires confetti canon* I had a blog makeover that included a name change. I've participated in 7 blog tours and 8 cover reveals. This was the first year I started using NetGalley and accepting more ARCs with was equally exciting as it was overwhelming. I started using a "review to come" method to give me more time with my thoughts but now I have a backlog of reviews to post ack. Pretty sure I'm going back to my old reviewing ways haa. For 2016, I hope to catch up on all my reviews, participate in more blog tours and blogger discussions, read more diverse books and go to a few bookish events! *raises champagne glass* Here's to another year of fantastic reads!